Why “wood” you buy wooden toys?
- Wooden toys are timeless and ageless – they are generational toys and make perfect ‘hand me downs’.
- They are non-toxic.
- Wooden toys are “Green” toys - they are less impactful on the environment as sustainable wood (including recycled rubber wood trees) is used to make them
- They are durable and lasting.
- The natural textures of wooden toys stimulate the child's senses as they invite children to touch, feel, smell and explore.
- They inspire creativity & imagination - toys that are simple in design allow for open-ended play which encourages a child to be creative and keeps them interested in one toy for longer.
- Educational wooden toys are an important tool in children's development. Many educational wooden toys build critical lateral thinking and problem solving skills, and help build fine motor skills.
- The environment of a child with wooden toys is quiet and calm - wooden toys allow for 'downtime'.It is difficult for a child to switch gears from a very active (electronic) toy to resting, whereas simple wooden toys allow for a natural progression to activities such as reading books, daydreaming, or taking a nap.